Friday, November 26, 2010

Lisa in Pisa, Italy

October 27th, 28th & 29th, 2010

Many people who visit Italy are there to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and the train that takes you to Pisa is packed full of tourists, the main attraction being the Leaning Tower, Cathedral & Baptistery, all in one location; so......it's very busy there at the tourist hot spot, but not in the actual city; it's full of residents.

I stayed in a fancy B&B in Pisa, it was so nice and relaxing, right on the main street of all the shops and eateries; a bakery was right below my room...yum!  I tried my first gelato in Pisa - double chocolate and it was delicious, tastes like ice cream but creamier.

I really like Pisa, it is certainly one of my favorites; especially with all the people around and bicycles everywhere.  I had to be very careful walking around in Pisa, you can't make any sudden movements to the left or right or you were bound to get run over by a bike.  I also had to try to walk straight, (for people who know me - difficult, as I was drunk the entire time....!!!) and not move for bicycles, as they prefer to move around you; I found that out the hard way!

Everything starts to get happening at night around 11:00pm in Italy, as dinner is eaten at 9:00pm; something I still have trouble getting used to.  I went to the Leaning Tower at night to take some pictures and got a bit lost on my way back and found a lot of people out drinking and partying on the streets; that was interesting, as it was the first time I saw.

Here are many pictures of Pisa:  enjoy!

Also, thanks to everyone that called on my birthday, much appreciation...

Leaning Tower of Pisa

















The tricky part about taking pictures of the Leaning Tower was I found myself turning my camera so that it was straight!  I guess it's the mini-photographer in me thinking it's wrong if it's not a straight shot!








Base of Leaning Tower of Pisa










All these pictures show the Tower really leaning as it normally is, however if you look in the pictures below, the Tower looks straight! 



















Leaning Tower of Pisa & Cathedral


































Cathedral & Baptistery - Pisa













The Cathedral & Baptistery are beautiful in combination with the Leaning Tower.  The grounds were immaculate as tourists are not allowed to walk on the grass near the buildings.
Leaning Tower of Pisa & Cathedral

Cathedral







Different angle of the Cathedral; me and my creative mind always wants a different looking picture.






















All three in one shot.  See how the Leaning Tower is straight!  Turned the camera a bit too much......

Baptistery, Cathedral & Leaning Tower of Pisa

Pisa along the river


































Pisa along the river