Saturday, October 23, 2010

London

London Train Station

I arrived in London at 8:25am Sunday morning missing my nights sleep, exhausted from my 8-hour journey on the plane.  I met a very nice man from Langley, Mike, on the plane, that assisted me in my journey to my hotel and the train station.  After 10 hours of traveling, 1 hour to find my hotel and a tummy not happy, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.  No such luck, my hotel didn't check-in until 1:00pm.  I had 2 hours, so I went back to the train station and people watched.

It was amazing seeing people from all over the world and the sound of various languages within earshot.  Whenever someone sat next to me, I managed to strike up a conversation and luckily enough, most of them spoke English.  London was busy....

Jet-lag got the best of me and I slept until 3:00am the next morning but did find the time to go to McDonalds for a coke and water.....Paris is next.